Matt’s passion for furniture making started at a young age where he helped his father make furniture for their home in his grandfather’s workshop. When he reached high school he excelled in woodwork and decided after completing year 12 that we would do a pre-apprenticeship in furniture making which saw him awarded apprentice of the year.
Matt went on to secure a position at a custom made furniture company where he stayed for over 10 years. In that time he was able to further his skills in design and joinery.
In October 2012, Matt decided the time was right to start his own business and Sawdust Timber Furniture was born.
We design and custom make all our furniture in Australia. We specialise in Mid Century Modern design as well as matching furniture to suit our client’s needs.
We select all our timber by hand to ensure the best quality is achieved and we use both Imported and local Timbers.
To provide our clients with a quality product they will treasure and that will last a lifetime.
- Do you have a showroom ? No but we are happy for people to view our work in the workshop. You just need to call ahead first and arrange a time when we are available.
- What Timbers do you use ? Mainly American and Australian Hardwoods which we hand select for each job.
- What are you Lead Times ? Currently 4 months
- Do you use recycled Timber ? No
- Do you ship interstate ? YES
- Do you ship Overseas ? Conditional
- Can you match timbers to existing pieces we have in our home ? Yes to our best ability.
- Can you provide recommendations if we are unsure of what would suit our space ? Yes we provide detailed drawings and recommendations.
- Where do we start ? Email us your contact details so Matt can arrange a time to come and see you. Matt will bring timber samples and provide you with suggestions. He will then go away and draw up your detailed quote. If you are happy to proceed with the quote once provided, an upfront deposit is required (usually 1/2 of the total cost) and an approximate date of completion will be provided. If you like, you will get the opportunity to view your work as its being made (by appointment)